WebVR Camp Hyderabad
- When : 15-16 Oct 2016
- Where : Collab House, Hyderabad
- Event : https://reps.mozilla.org/e/vr-hyderabad
- Register: https://goo.gl/forms/16k2lW9q6KexwiOc2
- Meetup : https://www.meetup.com/Collab-House-A-Collaboration-Hub/events/234572363/
Hi Everyone, We are very excited to announce this event which is going to be completely dedicated to WebVR. In this fun filled night long event you will learn WebVR development using the A-Frame framework (one of emerging future technologies). This event is for participants who are selected via a registration process and we are expecting to on board many new contributors to WebVR.
We will also keep few interesting Web Development talks & interesting ice breaker session time to time to keep everyone energized.
The venue is a very lively place, and believe us you won’t event feel like sleeping. The venue is very safe, reach out to Ram if you have any questions.
The event is for selected participants who shows great enthusiasm towards web development & future technologies (especially VR) – to ensure this we are also going to get one activity done before confirming their slot for the event.
Event breakdown (if you can’t stay overnight, you can register for phase 1 alone) :
- Evening Sessions (Phase 1 – 5PM to 8PM) : Basics of WebVR & A-Frame.
- Overnight Sessions (Phase 2 – 9PM to 6AM) : Deep dive into A-Frame & WebDev sessions.
Registration form : https://goo.gl/forms/16k2lW9q6KexwiOc2.
- Last date to register : Monday, Oct 8th [ Second mouse deadline 😉 ]
- Mail sent to accepted attendees : Sunday, Oct 09th
- Fun Day, Event Day : Saturday, Oct 15th
In case you cannot attend the event for any reason, you will be able to view most of the sessions on youtube as they will be live streamed & recordings will be available on youtube.
- Saturday 05:00 PM – Let’s break out with Icebreaker sessions and get introduced to each other.
- 05:30 PM – 06:00 PM – About Mozilla (Mission, Products, Communities)
- 06:00 PM – 06:30 PM – About VR, WebVR & A-Frame
- 06:30 PM – 07:30 PM – Demo of basic A-Frame scenes & apps. Basic concepts of A-Frame & how to develop VR website.
- 07:30 PM – 08:00 PM – QA & Interaction Time
- 08:00 PM – 08:30 PM – Icebreaker session for phase 2 participants (who are selected to attend overnight event phase also)
- 8:30 PM – 9:00 PM – What does the fox say dance :D. Session on git & GitHub
- 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM – Entity Component System & three.js- The foundation of A-Fram
- 9:30 PM – 10:00 PM – Time for fun and food
- 10:00 PM – 10:30 AM – WEB TALK : ES6 in a box. Talk on ES6 & tool-chain around it. Web development best practices.
- 10:30 PM – 12:00 AM – A-Frame Concepts & implementations
- 12:00 AM – 12:30 AM – WEB TALK : Web components
- 12:30 AM – 01:00 AM – Chat with Kevin and the MozillaVR team & Ice – breakers.
- 01:00 AM – 02:00AM – A-Frame in depth. Hands-on on building advance scenes.
- 02:00 AM – 05:00 AM – Propose your idea of the web – apps & build some cool experiences & surprise activities in between.
- 05:00 AM – 06:00 AM – Review the whole event, Discuss Take-aways, Action plan and follow-up plan
- Breakfast & Good Bye