Many mobile makers entering into virtual reality world by launching own VR accessories. Xiaomi is a big player in smartphone world and well known for their low cost feature full smartphones. Xiaomi introduced these headsets in China back in August. Xiaomi in their recent Mi Pop VR event which was held in Mumbai yesterday has launched their VR headset in India. Mi Pop VR is a big party Xiaomi planned just for Mi fans in India. There were lots of fun games, plenty of lucky draws prizes to be won, special performances by Mi India staff.
Design and Features
Mi VR Play is full of innovation that extends from product design beautifully to the smallest details. It is designed for ultimate comfort and immersion, it is the portal to discovering a whole new reality VR should be a seamless end-to-end experience one that doesn’t require you to glance or tap on your phone once it’s zipped in. Xiaomi teamed up with different VR content providers to provide high quality contents.
- Wrapped in smooth, durable Lycra for long-lasting comfort
- Google Cardboard compatible, supports almost every app on Playstore
- Weight: 208.7 grams, measures 201 x 107 x 91mm
- Unique two-way zipper design, locks in phone securely, than conventional clips
- Dual front openings allow for slight positioning adjustments and ventilation
- Fits most regular size smartphones 4.7″-5.7″
- Anti-slip strips from inside restricts phone movement
- A textured metal button to do direct interaction with your phone
- Anti reflective aspheric lens with high tolerance
Mi VR Play headset will go on sale from 21st December on mi.com for ₹999 approximately $15 as stated by Xiaomi’s VP. These headsets will be available in trendy color styles for a limited period of a time. Check out VR headsets by top smartphone makers. follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates on virtual reality 🙂 .